AtmosFear is a mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call Of Pripyat that tweaks and expands the vanilla weather system to be more realistic and various.
The vision distances for some weather cycles has been increased (and reduced for other) so on a clear day you can now see almost across the whole area. Sun position has been fixed and now you can see the sun actually setting to the west and rising to the east.
This part of the mod replaces vanilla blowout sequence making blowouts dark and gloomy, showing strange atmospherical phenomena similar to aurora borealis (northern lights) due to high level of ionizing radiation. It also features blowout waves based on those seen in Clear Sky intro.
The Zone is now even more hostile as radioactive and acidic fallouts occur from time to time. They can cause significant damage if player caught in the open without decent protection from armor, artifacts or drugs. The nearest cover is shown on the minimap when radiation or biohazard levels become deadly. Acidic fallout very quickly degrades the armor/helmets.
AtmosFear: Psi Storm
Psi storms are the new kind of weather anomaly that is very dangerous to unequipped stalkers. Psi radiation cumulates in vortexes which generate high psi levels when they discharge. Decent armor/drugs protection reduces the mind damage but the vortexes are still dangerous as they generate hi-voltage electrostatic damage in close distance. Vortexes could spawn artefacts (although possibility to spawn is quite low - 5%) so after the psi storm don't forget to sweep the area with your detector.
- 3 additional dynamic weather cycles (partly cloudy, foggy, very foggy)
- There are now 7 (instead of 4) weather cycles (clear, partly cloudy, foggy, very foggy, cloudy, rainy and stormy).
- Accurate sun position according to geographical (Chernobyl location) and astronomical (as for 15 Aug) data.
- Longer nights with the real moon that casts dynamic shadows and change the phases.
- Altered weather behaviour.
There are now 2 main weathers cycles, good and bad. They change in 2h - 12h periods. The weather still changes from hour to hour within each period.
- Different weather balance graphs for each area.
Zaton is often foggy as it is a swamp like area. Jupiter is mostly clear with more storms. Pripyat is rainy and stormy so don't expect much sun there.
- Full weather cycle (static) for Jupiter Underground.
- 140+ new rendered photorealistic sky-cube textures featuring skyline with Chernobyl NPP, Limansk radar and Red Forest Brainscorcher.
- Increased vision distance for clear (x3), partly cloudy(x3) and cloudy(x2) weathers.
- Reduced vision distance for storms (x0.6), fog (x0.4) and thick fog (x0.1).
- Dynamic Depth Of Field (DOF)
DOF is changing with vision distance and depends on the weather. I.E. on clear day the distant object are sharp but fog will blur them.
- Blowout - replaced vanilla blowout sequence
Particle waves sweeping across the area. New sound and environment effects created by imperialreign. Various NPCs fate after blowout (those not in the cover). Various blowout warnings.
- Fallout - radioactive and chemical fallouts happen from time to time.
Psi Storm - new kind of weather anomaly. Like a mini Blowout but still dangerous.
- Optional high-resolution texture pack
- In game settings for night brightness, weather periods length and balance settings, NPC fate, event warnings etc. (see Options section)
- Included Ambient Audio Overhaul Core by imperialreign
- Correct sun position (sunrise to the east, sunset to the west)
- All sky textures re-rendered and re-edited to match the correct sun position
- Improved sky textures quality (nights, blowout etc.)
- Added moon with phases.
- Fixed weather behaviour. No more rain from the clear sky. The sky won't quickly back to clear just after the blowout.
- Psi Storms added
- Armour and drug protection is now effective against blowouts, psi storms and fallouts.
- Changed NPC behaviour. They try to hide when the events occur and they can be harmed by them.
- Some 'easter eggs' added like distant storms or Perseid meteors that can be spotted during the clear nights.
- Lots and lots and lots minor tweaks and fixes.
- Integrated AtmosFear 2: Fallout
- Acidic fallout degrades the armor/helmet
- Stripped alpha channel from all sky textures.
It should now require 1/4 less RAM than v2.0. For Ultra textures option it should save around 400MB.
- Fixed bugs:
- It is possible to survive blowout with 'Marked by Zone' achievement no matter which blowout option is chosen during install
- Blowout wave disappears when anabiotic drug is used to survive the blowout.
- AF: Fallout doesn't mess the stats. 'Artifact hunter' is not given immediately after install anymore.
- AF: Fallout acid rain sound is now properly commented.